Sunday, June 22, 2008

WOW, It's been a busy week. Vacation Bible School was soooooooo much fun, but so much work. The girls had a blast. I ran the Nursery and it was a lot of work but I loved every minute of it. The girls and unpacking the house has kept me real busy. Brett has been gone almost three weeks and we miss him so very much. We pick him up from the Airport Tuesday. We are so excited. He will be home for two weeks and then off again. He leaves July 19 for Iraq. It's a Leaders Recon meeting. He will come home July 29 and then leave again for training August 3:( We are taking the girls to the Ocean for the July 4th weekend! Madyson is so excited. It's an early celebration for her Birthday since Daddy will be gone on her Birthday. I'll be honest, the last three weeks have been difficult for me. The girls seem to be doing better than me. I asked Mady if she misses her Daddy and she said YES. I asked her why she has not cried and she said "I'm trying to be a Big Girl!" I almost lost it. Why can't I be that strong? I admit there are a lot of tears, but I have found that God will give me the strength to make it through this. Thank you for all your prayers and support !

3 comments:

Cromwell Crew said...

I am VERY PRO Military!


I think those men and women who have CHOSEN to serve in our military....have CHOSEN to fight, and protect our country.

They are VERY brave men and women.

The DESERVE the right to be called an American Hero!


But they CHOSE to be there. They CHOSE to do that....
FOR YOU AND ME.


But I truly believe, that the genuine REAL heroes in America are the husband and wives of those military people.

They did not CHOOSE to be a part of the military. They CHOSE the people... who happened to have CHOSEN the military.

Ask any of them, "DID you set out to marry a military personel?" I bet you the answer is "NO"
They chose to love our heroes. But they did not CHOOSE to partake in the heroism.


They are the bravest, strongest, Most caring HEROES there are. They are the ones who Have.....
not Get to ,
they HAVE TO be strong,
for the children left behind, while our other heroes serve.


These husband and WIVES who stay on the home front to hold up the fort,
did NOT CHOOSE to be the pillar of strength, the source of comfort,
the Mom and Dad for the children.


Who's going to Comfort them, when they are Missing "Daddy" or "Mommy"? Just because they are adults, doesn't mean that they can handle the LOSS of their LOVED ONE for over a year any better than a child can.
In fact, it may be tougher for them, because their LOVE.... THeir WORLD, Their AIR.... has been snatched COLDLY away from them and they are left to deal with it all alone.

(Listen to Jordan Sparks "No Air" Song" THis is how I imagine these husband's and wives of the military personel to feel)
Could You Live with Out Air for 6 months to a year or year an a half or more?


They are the ones who DID NOT CHOOSE to be apart from the love of their life for over a year.


I couldn't even begin to imagine how that must feel.


They are pretty much forced to.


THESE ARE THE REAL HEROES....

And they do it with pride.


And they NEVER give up!

I'm going to add the name of a REAL HERO:


Repost this and Add A real Hero that You know of to this list.



1) Kerri Riley -Army Wife




.



2)

Wade Family Blog said...

Kerri,

Call me when you are settled. Let's have lunch soon!

Jill

Danice Wood said...

Hey Kerri,

I can't figure this blog thing out! Just wanted to tell you I read it and love it.
Thanks for your effort on the VBS nursery. You did a great job and it was greatly appreciated.

Love ya,
Dani